It has come to my attention that a few of you have received the message, "There are errors in this form!" when accepting (or at least attempting to accept) the invitation for the first time (when redirected to the login screen via the link provided in the invitational email). Some others have mentioned the same "There are errors in this form!" experience during subsequent login attempts (already accepted, signed out, hours/days have passed, attempted to login again).
Well, to be honest, I'm not quite sure what the problem is. I've scoured the web (Googling a problem with Google is a curious thing, isn't it?) and it appears as though other bloggers have experienced/are currently experiencing the same problem. Unfortunately I haven't founds any solutions (yet). If you are having trouble accepting the invitation and/or logging in, I suggest (at least for the time being) letting Blogger rest for awhile (sometimes these things just need a bit of space and rest; Internet magic eventually prevails).
I've contacted Google about our problem and am awaiting a response/solution. Sorry for the trouble and inconvenience. If an intellectual epiphany strikes and you are unable to access the GEDI Discussion blog, please email your post to me and I'll post it on your behalf. In the meantime, I'll keep everyone posted regarding developments.
Here are my suggestions (try #1 first and work down the list if unsuccessful):
- go to blogger.com and try to login and then access the blog via dashboard
- go to gedivtdiscussion.blogspot.com and try to login (see "sign in" in upper right corner)
- go to gmail.com, login, open another tab and go to blogger.com or gedivtdiscussion.blogspot.com, you should be logged in automatically
Let me know if any of these options work or if you are still having trouble.** You are of course welcome to send an email, but please do feel free to use the comments section beneath this post. We're all in this together, so let's problem solve as a collective body. Experiencing login troubles? Post your questions/comments below. Better yet, if you have any suggestions, please post a comment.
---------
**Despite my best attempt at playing the "bad cop" role during last night's seminar, my true persona is surfacing. Although I publicly identified (in a playful, humorous, and encouraging fashion) the handful of GEDI Discussion blog holdouts (the list swiftly disappeared by the way...thank you for joining the rest of us!) I am really a nice and helpful GEDI Fellow. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have troubles with Blogger, Scholar, or any other pedagogical, technological, or existential quandaries.

No comments:
Post a Comment